Mother’s Day can be a challenge when you’re on a budget. If you’re like Lois and I, you know what I mean! But pinching pennies doesn’t mean you have to skimp on showing appreciation. Here are 10 simple, budget-friendly ways to celebrate the most important women in your life.
- Throw a coffee/lunch party in the backyard
- Break out some board games and get the kids (if applicable) into the game.
- Go for a walk/hike and have a meaningful conversation. Talk and really listen. No cell phones allowed.
- Color together or do something artsy if she’s into that.
- Plant some flowers or trees together. Don’t get too heavy into landscaping but May is a great time of year to “grow the love” with fresh plants and flowers.
- Have a potluck lunch with other couples. Celebrate together.
- Go to a local concert in the evening or afternoon.
- Host a virtual family gathering to connect his mom and her mom. This is especially wonderful if your mother-in-law lives outside the immediate driveable area.
- Do a blitz tour down memory lane by visiting the hospitals where each of your kids were born. If you’ve lived in different houses, do a drive-by and show the kids the important places of their childhood.
- Do a handprint of the kids and you at this stage in the journey. Compare it to their handprints when they were born if you have them. Wrap up the evening with a look back at old albums.
And there you have it! Ten budget-friendly ways to celebrate Mother’s Day.
Leave a Reply